Monday, April 1, 2013

Confusion – A State of Mind!


The word confusion is so dramatic. I met someone recently who tries to stay in a constant state of confusion just because of the expression it leaves on his face. I encountered it for the first time during my school days when I was not sure which shoes to wear for my friend’s birthday. But obviously the confusion was short lived and I finally decided on one out of the two options. But I never knew that confusion was progressive and directly proportional to age (atleast till 25, something that I have experienced).

The level increased and became more complex when I entered college - a different city, new people and many more such things which made me unsure of what to do and what not. Everyone seemed artificial. I was in a situation where I had to pick the right people with whom I had to spend 3 years of my college and life after that (incase they were worth it); people call it confusion. I met the extremes, people who used to call their family every hour and also people who lived in solitude and never wanted to speak to family or talk about them. Was confused again, what was the right approach?

But never knew that it would be nothing when compared to the confusion that I would have to go through during my career planning. Everything looks glittery, every industry looks potential. Every morning I get up, I think of doing something different, something new. I don’t know if it’s just me, or everyone at this age goes through this.  But this confusion kills me every night and gives me a birth every morning. Off-late, life seemed even more of a guessing game than usual. Hope this mystery gets a solution soon.

Sometimes I go in one direction when I am sure it’s right, and it’s not…. and the next time, I am Confused.

Welcome to the world of Confusion!!

1 comment:

  1. Your first blog post this year... :D

    I like the line "But this confusion kills me every night and gives me a birth every morning."

    Can't make up your mind ????
    Whenever you're called on to make up your mind, and you're hampered by not having any, the best way to solve the dilemma, you'll find, is simply by spinning a penny. No - not so that chance shall decide the affair while you're passively standing there moping; but the moment the penny is up in the air, you suddenly know what you're hoping ...

    Confusion solved! :)

    ReplyDelete