Saturday, February 28, 2015

Life in a small town!

We often hear how the people from metro cities describe 'small town' and how they are not ready to shift if given an option. I believe shifting is a far fetched though for them, I don't even think they are comfortable when they have to travel. I have had several experiences where my friends asked me about things that I do on weekends and after work. It is amusing for them when they hear the stories, just how amusing it is to me when I hear about Life in Mars. 

Some people are bound by the family situation and others are bound by the financial soundness that they would get in their birth city (which happens to be a b-town) compared to a metro. It is never easy for anyone to take a call of shifting back to a small town after living the life of a big city for substantial number of years. When I say LIFE, I really mean living it to the fullest wherever you are. Staying outside in a big city and living in your own cocoon is not what I call life. Meeting new people, meeting people who come with varied thoughts, meeting people who have different passions in life is what I call living life

It is a complete new world for a small town person when he moves to a big city. People go to get education, to seek better opportunities and to become what they aspire. But most of the people who shift are not living but surviving. Even after spending 5-7 years in big cities, they still feel happier when they are in a smaller town where they can adjust easily with the mentality of people. It is strange to see how the country is divided for such people where the only motto is to earn a better salary. My question to such people is, don't you think you are wasting your life by doing this? If you are there then might as well live it to the fullest. Get out of the cocoon and see how amazing people are from different streams. 

Honestly, life in a small town is very tough for a person who has 'lived his life' and has seen the world. But then, there are situations that prevail, which makes a person choose one thing over the other. There is always an age when you start to think about the family, that's when you decide to either pay back by moving back or keep it due for next life by living your life away from your family.

But today I want to answer my friends who seek those questions about life in small town - Weekends hardly hold any meaning, a Saturday night is as good as any other night but yet, I feel happy to return home after work and sleep on my mother's lap and live a life where money of a person is not as important as the soul. I am happy being back home but yes, I will always miss what I have lived. 

No comments:

Post a Comment