Friday, November 22, 2013

The Sugar Cube

I saw her from far but never went closer,
she was dressed in black and appeared sober.

I could see the smoke and I could see her eyes,
I could see her lips which kept me mesmerized.

I wanted to talk but the opportunities died,
so I went aside and started my poker game with chips and dice.

Every time there came a Queen, I saw her by my side.
I got the signal for the night but couldn't gather the strength to face the sparkling eyes.
So I gave up my try, thinking that few things are just meant to die.

Few days later I see her request,
I went crazy but tried to suppress.

I started my conversation with a random 'Hi',
and waited for the most awaited reply.

The boat started to move and it crossed few tides,
I felt comfortable and kept on with my strides.

We started to chat, we started to fight.
It seemed right so I gave up my pride and asked her for a date one particular night.

Few beers and few cosmos gave me the lift,
and the rest was written to progress with a swift.

Her smile gave me a reason to pull up my heart,
the song and the place added the spark.

She blew my head and she blew my heart,
I felt like diving without any guard.

She gave me a reason to smile back again,
she greased up the space where rust had made its place.

I feel happy to have you Sugar,
You just make my coffee a way more sweeter, a way more smoother.

No comments:

Post a Comment